Been a while since I’ve done one of these. I’ve been running out of spoons late at night and I just can’t be bothered to expend the energy to come up with three things about the day that were good. Today has been a total wash, moodwise, but I’m going to force myself to get something down in print.
1. Tonight’s dinner started to smell … off … as it was cooking, so rather than ingest was was very likely chicken that had gone bad, my wife went out for burgers (since we’re at the end of the week grocery-wise, and there’s not much else left in the house to eat). I had already started the cauliflower steaming, so we had McDonald’s with steamed cauliflower. (I do not recommend this. Fries are the appropriate side for a burger. Always.)
2. I came up with what I feel is a good analogy for depression. It works like of like color blindness for the mind. People with color blindness see the same world the rest of us see, but the colors are so muted and dull, a lot of what they see looks similar. In depression, we experience all the same emotions everyone else does, but they’re so muted, everything feels the same, and it takes something really vivid to break through that dullness. I’m going to write more about this tomorrow, since I think I’m onto something.
3. All I have to do is brush my teeth before getting to bed before 2:00 am and I’ll have completed my checklist for the first time in almost a month.
I was chosen by brightonbipolar to receive this award, my first, and I am humbled by her considering me for this accolade. I haven’t been blogging long and it’s nice to see that my words have touched her in some small way.
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Grant up to 5 other bloggers the award.
What you cannot do:
Abuse or misuse the logo.
Claim that it is your own handmade logo.
What you should do after receiving the Encouraging Thunder Award:
1. Enjoy the award!
2. Give thanks via comments, likes and/or by mentioning the blog that you received the award from.
3. Explain your purpose in blogging.
4. Well done and good luck.
I’m new to the blogging community and so I don’t have a lot of people that I can nominate for this award. But it does state that I have to pass this along, so I nominate The Persistent Platypus; MWGS: Mom, Writer, Geek, Superwoman; and inventoryofirina for this award.
I started this blog to have someplace besides Facebook to put my more personal thought and struggles with both physical and mental health – then promptly set it up to where everyone that follows me on both Facebook and Twitter get to see these words. It’s morphed somewhat in that rather than being just an outlet for myself, I hope my blog might contain some passage or experience to let those who suffer from mental illnesses know they aren’t alone, and those who don’t know a little about what I go through on a daily basis.